Methodical material is as teaching tool for specialists (project target group) considering project end-users group’s – teenagers, youth – vulnerability and age stages, especially in the field of early pregnancy, social problems, psychological problems, etc.
This result is achieved also in collaboration with VET centres, psychological service providers, youth centres, schools and stakeholders (interviews, meetings, collection of information, exchange of experience).
Methodical material creation process was divided into 3 parts (i.e. 3 main activities):
- A1. National research in the project area (results you can find here: http://positiveproject.eu/results)
- A2. Methodical material creation
- A3. Testing phase (it is: partners tested how created material works in real within the real courses, therefore also course program, related to methodical material sections, was developed. Testing was dedicated mainly for VET institutions (teaching VET teachers), but as well partners tested the material with students (teenagers) as to see as well how it works with project end-users).
The methodical material is created as eBook. It has two parts: theoretical and practical. Both parts are made of chapters which were written by different teams (partnership’s institution members) transferring their best practice based on their experience and area where they are working in.
There are 4 main chapters in the theoretical part:
- 1st chapter called – Educator – gives insights about educator’s personality, certain characteristics required in order to become a good educator able to work with teenagers. The team of the project agrees that educators who work with teenagers in the sphere of positive parenting, including sexual education and responsible partnership development, must obtain special training and have appropriate personality and abilities to speak about such delicate topics with a particular group of students, namely, teenagers, who are sensitive and undergoing a rapid development of inner world. All countries should seek for this.
- 2nd chapter called – Adolescence – speaks about adolescence in general and the specifics of working with teenagers in general. Besides, extra attention is paid to underage parenting to shed light on this sensitive topic as it is not very rare that young mothers are separated from their new born babies, which has many negative consequences to both of them.
- 3rd chapter called – Positive parenting – describes positive parenting in general, speaks about things we found important to write while discussing positive parenting in general, provides its definitions, content of teaching of positive parenting, which is useful for educators, future parents and as well for everyone who seeks for positive parenting.
- In 4th chapter partners from NGO shares the knowledge from their own experience (Experience in working with teenagers who have difficult social and psychological background).
The practical part offers many concrete methods to work with teenagers. We wanted to pay extra attention to the development of teenagers’ self-awareness, better understanding of emotions, values, etc. There is also a set of methods addressed to understanding of relationships, making friendship, conflict resolution, etc. These methods can be used separately. However, the chapter about sexual education, which was written by the German team, is the whole program they work with and it has to be used as whole. The same is with the program of Parental internship with RealCareBaby.
Methods cannot be used separately is as teaching tool for specialists (project target group) considering project end-users group’s – teenagers, youth – vulnerability and age stages, especially in the field of early pregnancy, social problems, psychological problems, etc.
Seeing to the target group, METHODICAL MATERIAL is designed for:
The specialists, who work with adolescents in the sphere of prevention of early pregnancy of teens and prevention of abortions among teenagers (generally speaking with end-users who do not have babies).
The specialists, who promote positive parenting among teen-mothers and teen-families, youth (generally speaking with end-users such as adolescents, young single mothers, young couples, who already have babies).
These two end-users groups are different from social and psychological point of view, the second group is especially sensitive and requires special knowledge how to work with.
Material is prepared in English and translated into partners languages (LT, PL, TR, DE, IT).